ALPINE UP is the most complete and versatile belay / rappel device ever produced. It has been developed especially for mountaineering and it can be used with half, twin and single ropes. Extremely advantageous, it allows self-locking abseiling and it can be used in three different belay modes, depending on the terrain.
The click-up mode (Hand assisted braking) allows:
- belaying a lead climber on multi pitch sport climbing routes (bolted);
- self-locking abseiling, using the folding handle;
- absolute safety, even if the rope is incorrectly inserted.
The dynamic mode (Manual braking) allows:
- belaying a lead climber on alpine route or ice climbing (friends, nuts and pitons);
- braking friction with “V” grooves, similar to a tube device;
- abseiling with “V” grooves brake.
The guide mode allows:
- independent and self-locking belaying of one or two seconding climbers;
- possibility of gradual releasing of a second under tension, by placing a biner in the proper hole.
Attention! Read carefully the device instructions before use.
ALPINE UP is supplied and must be used with the proper CONCEPT SGL HC carabiner with hardcoated wear-proof anodization and ACL system that prevents the possibility of the cross loading.